Looking for a Great Job that Makes a Difference?
We are seeking responsible candidates who love working with kids, and want to make a real difference in the lives of families affected by autism by teaching them how to talk and play! Habilitation & Respite Providers are paraprofessionals that work directly with children in their homes, doing activities to accomplish goals that include life skills and positive behavior.
If you'd like to watch a "job preview" video, go here: https://youtu.be/SHLJZJqkDaA
When you join our team you can count on great training, professional development, competitive pay, and the experience of changing a life. Some of our employees work in this position for 1 or 2 years as a career stepping stone, while others enjoy long-term employment to help many children of all ages and levels.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Applicants should be able to work at least 2 late afternoons per week (Monday-Friday) to provide care during after-school hours. Morning and daytime shifts are also available, but there is greater need for afternoons/early evenings and weekends.
- In most cases this is a a part-time job with flexible scheduling, and usually a total of 10 to 15 hours per week. Full-time is possible when employees have a flexible schedule and are willing to commute longer distances to client homes.
- Although not required, preferred applicants will have at least 3 months of overall (it doesn't need to be consecutive) experience regularly caring for another individual (outside of his/her own family). Care of children is also preferred but not required.
- Experience with autism or other developmental disabilities is preferred but not required.
- Staff are expected to provide their own transportation to commute to and from client homes around the valley.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in verbal and written English
This job offers an excellent opportunity for career development for future teachers, therapists, psychologists, and more. If you have done this kind of work before, you will find that AZA United's training and support is the best around!
How to Apply
Complete our online application now! Click here.